Not sure about everyone else out there, but it’s been a long week here!! Lucy has a double ear infection, so she had quite a few miserable and sleepless nights but is doing OK now on antibiotics. Work has been busy and a bit stressful too – but all is good overall. The weather has been mostly pleasant, although pretty grey…hoping to get out for a run at lunch today if it isn’t raining 🙂
This quote was in the back of my mind this week after I saw it a few days ago:
“October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.” (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).
Favourite Netflix show:
We’re starting to get pretty into Gotham. I am slowly learning to take Jim Gordon’s character seriously after viewing him as Ryan from the OC for a few episodes 😉
|I can’t help but wonder if he still misses Marissa…lol|
This relaxing yoga sequence:
- #NaNoReadMo.org and about NaNoReadMo over on Modern Mrs. Darcy (this is a lot more do-able for me than NaNoWriMo will ever be, but I can still respect those doing it!!)
- For those writing more this fall, here’s a list of perfect songs to listen to while you write
- I loved these empathy cards!!
- Feeling impressed with our new Prime Minister so far when I read things like this
- Some great mental health resources on Jenn’s blog this week…as a huge advocate for mental health (hello psychology degree), I am always looking for more resources!!
- Natural ways to soothe a cough – we have colds going around like crazy in our house this time of the year and these remedies are great for kids!!!
- This book looks interesting.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!! Only 4 more days until WINTER comes out! I pre-ordered my copy last night so it’ll be waiting for me on Tuesday!! Plus, we have Wednesday off for Remembrance Day so I might get some downtime to read then too!! 🙂