This topic from Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and the Bookish resonated with me, so here I’ve included 10 bookish settings I’d love to visit (or visit again). Any that I missed?! 🙂
1) Hogwarts – OF COURSE I could spend a lifetime exploring this castle… 🙂 I’d also put the Weasley’s house on this list too but Hogwarts is first and foremost.
2) Three Pines from Louise Penny’s Inspector Gamache series – I’ve been there! Kind of!! We were in Louise Penny’s town this summer and I would have loved to spend more time there. The whole area is absolutely stunning.
3) Edenbrooke – as well as the beautiful grounds!!
4) Pemberley from Pride & Prejudice – preferably when The Darcys are home and there’s a ball going on 😉
7) Terabithia from Bridge to Terabithia – it just seems like such a carefree and magical place 🙂 (PS: If you haven’t read this book, it is amazing and a huge cryfest)
8) Florin from The Princess Bride – would love to hang out with Buttercup and Wesley!!! Just to be clear though, I’m going to steer clear of the Fire Swamp…
9) Green Gables from Anne of Green Gables – I’ve been there when I was younger but it is wonderful and I’d love to go BACK there with my kiddos, so I’m counting it. New Moon is up there too, although it is more fictional!!
10) And this one is technically kind of from a movie, but I’d say the library from Beauty and the Beast (also depicted in Lost in a Book) – what is NOT to love about it??
Plus one honourable mention: Rivendell from Lord of the Rings