I’m finally remembering to link up with Lauren and Bre for their “add it to your list” recommendations post which happens the last week of every month.
Here are a few things that I don’t hesitate to recommend, although some of these are for children, so if you aren’t super interested in those recommendations – understandable! haha
1) Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover This book absolutely blew me away. It took me awhile to get into, and it made me feel a VERY wide range of emotions while simultaneously making me feel extremely grateful for my own childhood and the opportunities I have had in my life. At times, I forgot that I was reading a memoir because this book reads a bit like extreme fiction. It’s a READ NOW book on Netgalley right now, so definitely check it out if you use Netgalley or if you don’t, you could still sign up for this one because it’s free for everyone! (Until Apr 23)
2) Hoopla App – After hearing reading friends talk about this for months, my library JUST got Hoopla. It is a digital lending service that works a bit differently than overdrive. You can access certain ebooks, audiobooks, tv shows, music, and movies and there is a limit to how many you can borrow each month (my library has a limit is 5, which is perfectly sufficient when I still have access to my regular library digital holds AND tons of other books). The great thing about Hoopla is that you get the book RIGHT AWAY (that is, there aren’t any holds to wait for!) It doesn’t have everything and does not seem as exhaustive as my regular library digital catalogue, but it is worth checking out!! I found a few books I’d been dying to read for months on there and it was so exciting.
3) Chocolate flavoured yogurt – since I make our own plain greek yogurt in the Instant Pot, I sometimes want to spice it up a bit so I add a teaspoon of cocoa powder and 2 squirts of liquid stevia. To me, this tastes like dessert and it is still pretty healthy. My kids also go crazy for this.
4) Yoga with Adriene – I’ve raved about her before, but I particularly love some of her videos about headaches and neck pain and I think they would be great if you experience any kind of tension from your work posture (like I do). Try this one, this one, this one, and this one.
5) HasFit App – GREAT workout app that I’ve been using sporadically.
6) Zootopia – my girls’ favourite movie right now. They’ve watched it 3 times in the past month (and they don’t get movies very often). They love the Shakira song too. Lol.
7) Disney read along CD books – Lucy listens to these every single day. We currently have about 15 out from the library. They retell Disney movies in a read along story book. They are wonderful for the car.
8) IKEA coffee – way better than I expected it to be, and inexpensive, and organic. Yum.
—-> And on that note, Ikea’s Smaland where my kids had the time of their life for one hour during March break and I sat in a comfy Ikea chair and read my book for 45 minutes.
9) Jimmy Kimmel’s Lip Sync Battles – Brian and I spent 2 hours watching comedy on Youtube instead of a movie a few weeks ago and it was GREAT. This particular video of Triple H singing How Far I’ll Go from Moana is hilarious. lol.
Leave a Reply