Happy Friday the 13th!! Today is also my parents’ wedding anniversary, so I am thinking of them today as they celebrate 33 years 🙂
Today I’m excited to start a new series on my blog with a random list of things every Friday. I’m going to try to stick to 14 things on each list and I have a bunch drafted and ready to go, but I wanted to start this first one with 14 random facts you might not know about me. The last time I did a post like this was around my birthday a year and a half ago. I recycled 2 facts from that post so don’t check it out yet. Haha.
1) 14 is my favourite number. Like many kids, my favourite number used to always be my age at the time, but when I turned 14 I decided that would be my favourite number moving forward (my birthday is August 14 – I’m so creative). 😉
2) I play 3 instruments: french horn, piano, and violin/fiddle – however, I hardly ever make the time to play any of them these days. I should really get back into at least one or two of them.
3) I grew up on the other side of the country and moved to the east coast to go to university when I was 19. My mom is from Nova Scotia though so most of my extended family on that side was here, and now my parents have moved here too so Calgary isn’t really “home” anymore. (I don’t feel super sad about this – but there are a few things I miss). I’ve lived in Nova Scotia for 14 years now!
4) I currently work part-time in a permanent position, but I might go back to work full-time when our youngest daughter starts school in 2019. I love the work-life balance of working 3 days a week and spending extra time with our girls but I feel like it is selfish to have so much time to myself (and also, I might get bored) down the road when they’re both in school. We’ll see how it goes.
5) This will be news to no one here, but reading is my very most favourite hobby and although I am much more serious about my reading life than I was a few years ago, it’s always been a part of my life. I love love love love love it and I don’t think a day ever goes by anymore without me reading at some point. However, I mostly only talk to the internet about books because I don’t have tons of super bookish friends in real life. (Although if anyone ever brings up a book or asks me about one I am ALL FOR talking about it incessantly 100%! Maybe that scares less serious bookworms off?!)
6) I’m taking French classes and I love that too – our 6 year old is taking French immersion in school and since I used to be almost fluent, I am enjoying the challenge of learning the language again. It’s one evening a week.
7) Brian and I met online and I am so grateful we met each other (More about our story here or here if you are nosy :D).
8) I am not a super outdoorsy person in general but I do really enjoy it in the fall, and I love camping in the summer. We are antsy to get out camping again with the girls this summer. I have a list planned for things I love to do outdoors 🙂
9) I love keeping in touch with friends and I really need to do a better job of it – my close friends are spread out all over the country but many of them live nearby and I would love to see them more.
10) I try to talk to my parents almost every day and I probably also talk to my in-laws at least several times a week. They are a huge part of our lives and I appreciate our relationship.
11) I used to collect quotes from books and movies, and we have a few framed in our house. I had a major Pinterest addiction when Molly was a newborn and I was up at all hours feeding her. Word art is amazing.
12) Although I appreciate art and art history, I don’t know a lot about it. However, my favourite painting is Starry Night and I wish so badly that I had seen it when I was in NYC in 2008. (It’s at MOMA and I HOPE to see it someday)
13) I am the kind of person who hears a song I love on the radio and then listen to it a million times until I’m sick of it. Then I usually don’t listen to it for a year or so and when I hear it again, it’s amazing again.
14) I love lists and I’ve always made them. I can’t wait to share more FOURTEEN THINGS. I have a bunch of fun ones planned and I think each one will have its own theme. I am hoping it will be a fun and random way to be chatty on the internet once a week. Do you like lists?
So that’s it! What lists have you made lately?!
We have a bit of a lower key weekend planned – tonight Brian is out so I’m going to watch a movie or This is Us, tomorrow night we are having a date night and the girls are having a sleepover with my in-laws and Sunday I’m getting a massage and we will do some fun family things. I got most of my housecleaning done yesterday so I hope we can relax a bit this weekend!
Leave a Reply