Life is still feeling very hectic – not actually, but I am certainly finding things to keep me busy. We are all a tiny bit under the weather and it has dipped below freezing temperatures this week so I am looking forward to curling up with a cup of tea (or wine!) tonight and taking it easy 🙂
Today I’m sharing 14 books that are on my TBR list before the end of the year. At least two of these were on my Spring TBR list so I need to put my money where my mouth is. Haha. Definitely hoping to get to all of these!!!
1) Peace like a River by Leif Enger – I’m partway through Enger’s new book (Virgil Wander), but I really want to read this one too because I know people have loved it.
2) Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny – can’t WAIT for the next instalment in the Gamache series which comes out November 27. Louise Penny is also coming to Halifax in December and I got tickets to the event (which sold out!) so I am feeling very lucky to see her twice in two years!
3) Get Lucky by Katherine Center – again, another author whose backlist I keep planning to read and this book has been on my kindle app for ages too. By the way, if you haven’t heard, her book The Lost Husband (which I really liked!) is becoming a movie starring Josh Duhamel. SO EXCITED.
4) Take me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde – Kristen (my book twin) and maaaany others have raved about this book and it’s been sitting on my Kindle app for ages.
5) Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend – after absolutely adoring the first in this series, I can’t wait to see where this next book takes Morrigan! It comes out in November.
6) Christmas with Anne and other Holiday Stories – bought this at a used book sale last year and can’t wait to soak it up in December (it’s on Hoopla on audio too!)
7) The Girl you Left Behind by JoJo Moyes – I keep saying I’m going to read Moyes’ backlist and this is sitting on my shelf waiting for me AND it is well-reviewed!
8) Winter in Paradise by Elin Hildebrand – because her writing is usually a nice palate cleanser 🙂
9) The Christmas Train by David Baldacci – I meant to read this last year in November/December and never got around to it, so I will this year! It’s already on hold and suspended until December.
10) The rest of the Harry Potter series – I am almost done reading the first book (in illustrated format) to Molly and it has been one of the highlights of my life watching her discover this amazing world. Now I have an intense craving to dive back in to the rest of this series again (I probably say this every year but I haven’t prioritized it – too many other books to read!)
11) One Day in December by Josie Silver – I have this from Netgalley and I’ve heard good things!! I love holiday reads.
12) I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes – The girls on the Currently Reading podcast (which I am loving, by the way) bumped this one up even though I’ve mentioned before that it’s on my radar. I own it in audio and print so there are no excuses!!
13) Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty – dying to get my hands on this in November!
14) Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – have heard amazing things about this and I just got the audiobook from the library!!