Phew!! I am happy that it’s the weekend today. This week has felt busy (it hasn’t been, really). I think I’ve just felt a bit lazy and scatterbrained after last weekend. I need to get my act together and do some cleaning and meal planning/prep this weekend. Can’t wait. 🙂 I plan to have a girl’s night tonight by myself (haha) and I’m taking Molly to a movie tomorrow that I won advanced tickets to see! It will be fun. Sunday we are planning to purge things in the basement which is kind of fun in its own way 😉
I intended to post this last week but here it is now. Here are 14 books I can’t wait to listen to (hopefully this year!)
1) Britt Marie was Here by Fredrik Backman – this is the last of his books left for me to read until the new Beartown book comes out (no info on that yet). I already know about Britt Marie from the grandmother book, but I need to prioritize this asap!
2) The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker – I have this ARC from Netgalley (they “granted my wish” a month or two after the book came out) but I think audio will be my way to consume this one.
3) The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller – After I loved Circe on audio, I can’t wait to listen to this one too. My library doesn’t have it and isn’t getting it though, so I need to find another way to get it 🙂
4) 11/22/63 by Stephen King – I have read exactly 0 Stephen King books. His books are NOT my preferred genre but I’ve heard this one isn’t too scary so I have it in my Audible library to get to at some point. It’s super long though!!
5) Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy – I have this on my kindle and I just can’t quite seem to push through so I’m waiting for it from the library to listen to. We’ll see. It is definitely really good, I just don’t pick it up for some reason.
6) Becoming by Michelle Obama – I’ve heard this audiobook is fantastic and the best way to “read” this book – narrated by the author!
7) On the Come Up by Angie Thomas – I love Bahni Turpin as a narrator and I loved the audiobook for The Hate U Give. I have this from the library right now so I will start it asap.
8) Outer Order, Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin – Intending to listen to this asap too – I have read all of her books and enjoy them immensely.
9) I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes – this has been on my TBR for far too long. I hear the audiobook is fantastic.
10) Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend – After loving Nevermoor, I can’t wait to listen to this one when it’s my turn from the library. I have it on my kindle too.
11) Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery – after absolutely devouring Anne of Green Gables narrated by Rachel McAdams, I am dying to re-read the whole series. LOVE these books sooo much.
12) Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – I also plan to listen to the first in her first series, Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
13) Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy – this has been on my TBR for a million years and the Maggie Gyllenhaal version is apparently fantastic. I just need to start it.
14) Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke – another book that has been on my radar for ages because it is marketed as an adult Harry Potter (LOVE). I’m next in line for this one at the library so hopefully it’ll be soon!! 🙂
So, are any of these on your list?! What do you think??
Leave a Reply