Here is my preliminary list for Erin’s Book Challenge 5.0. I had a hard time with some of these categories not because they aren’t great (they totally are!) but because I couldn’t narrow down my choices!! I easily had 3 possibilities for most of the categories and I loved others’ choices too so I might do the bonus round if I finish the first list in time 🙂 This challenge starts July 1 2016 and ends Oct 31 2016. The facebook group for more info can be found HERE. This is a super low-pressure challenge with a lot of support and info in the group and I *loved* the last challenge by Erin so I hope to participate in these forever (haha).
- 5 pts: Read a book that is at least 200 pages: TBD but I’ll fit one in 🙂 Maybe Harry Potter 🙂
- 10 pts: Read a book that starts with the letter “R” : A Rule Against Murder by Louise Penny I am totally obsessed with this series so I’m happy Book 4 fits in here. I somehow only had a few R books on my TBR list on Goodreads.
- 10 pts: Read a book with five words in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith I might do this one on audio. It has high reviews across the board and I feel like I should really read it.
- 15 pts: Read a book with a mostly blue cover: The Lake House by Kate Morton This one is coming to me via the library pretty soon so hopefully not before July…haha.
- 20 pts: Read a book with twins as characters: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield I’ve heard a lot of good things about this book.
- 20 pts: Read a book that has been (or will be) made into a movie: Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda After REALLY enjoying The Golden Son by Gowda earlier this year, I can’t wait to read this one. Unfortunately, it looks like the movie has been “in development” for a few years, but I’ll have to dig a bit more on that one.
- 25 pts: Read a book set in a country that you’ve always wanted to visit: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winnifred Watson (the UK) I could have picked a number of books for this category since there are a LOT of countries I want to visit and great books for those countries but this one seems interesting.
- 30 pts: Read a historical fiction book. These is my Words by Nancy E. Turner This one has really good reviews and seems like a departure from my usual historical fiction choices.
- 30 pts: Read a music-related book. The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta I haven’t read Saving Francesca yet so I’m not sure if I will get too much out of this book (it seems kind of like a sequel?!) but it sounds like a lot of people have really enjoyed it.
- 35 pts: Read a book originally published over 100 years ago: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen Reading my way through Austen books this year (I will probably do this on audio too)
Leave a Reply