I decided to post in bullet point/list form today with a few favourites for Friday. We are taking the girls camping for the first time this weekend tomorrow night – and SO excited! We’re going with some friends to a very kid-friendly campground, so I think it will be fun. I haven’t slept in a tent myself since before they were born, so I’m looking forward to it! Reading Lisa’s post earlier this week helped me realize that I’m going to have to be a bit more relaxed when camping than I usually am – but I’m hoping the wine and the outdoors help with that! haha.
I’m also planning to spend some time tonight and tomorrow cleaning up around the house (fun, right?) after a VERY busy past few weeks!!
1) My 5 favourite books so far this year:
A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman (this was an amazing audiobook)
Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (I still feel like crying every time I think of this book)
Glass Houses by Louise Penny (released at the end of August, absloutely one of the best in the series and #13)
I have a post coming next week with a few analytic details about my reading life so far in 2017 – I decided to do up the stats for the first 6 months and then look at the latter 6 months of 2017 in September. That being said, I highly recommend any of the books listed above. They all blew me away.
2) 5 things I’ve eaten lately and loved:
- Broccoli stem salad: a delicious way to eat the neglected part of the broccoli
- Inside-out egg rolls
- Homemade greek yogurt (post also coming next week) with strawberries, hemp hearts, and walnuts <– I’ve had this for breakfast every day this week
- Zoodles with pasta sauce, chicken, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese
- Bacon-wrapped eggs: We love these for breakfast but I cook them a bit longer because I don’t like my eggs runny (I also add a bit of grated parmesan on top) GREAT to make ahead of time.
3) 5 posts of interest around the web:
- 10 useful HTML symbols for your blog
- Strength exercises to do at your desk
- This Youtube channel reads children’s books aloud
- Favourite children’s books (I can’t get enough of these lists and the comments are amazing too)
- I wish I’d know about this way to carry a bucket car seat 3 years ago (Lucy weighed 9lbs14oz at birth, you guys)
4) 5 funny things:
- The Oxford comma’s dating profile
- A site for Dad jokes (Brian is already on this)
- Funny video.
5) 5 books I plan to finish this month:
Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore (currently reading)
North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell (Erin’s challenge – audiobook)
The Sisters Chase by Sarah Healy
What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum (I loved Tell Me Three Things so I am hoping this one is just as good)
The Good Widow by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke
Leave a Reply