This has been a busy week with sooo many thoughts swirling around in my head. The long weekend was magnificent and left a lot of time for relaxation with the family, visiting with friends and extended family, and getting things done around the house indoors and outdoors. I also saw I Feel Pretty (so many thoughts on that), got completely addicted to all things ROYAL WEDDING, and listened to the majority of You are a Badass (some food for thought in that one!). I’m really starting to embrace the lovely weather and soak into the summer pace of life around here.
The funny thing about life is that you can’t predict the future. However, I know myself pretty well and today I’m sharing 14 things I *might* never do. Some of these are uncertain still (the dog in particular) but I’m confident that for the next little bit, these are things I’m not interested in:
14 Things I Might Never do:
1) Skydive – I have absolutely zero interest in ever doing this. Kudos to those who do, though!
2) Bungee jump – Same as the first one – looks kind of cool but no thanks!
3) Go on the gravitron or the zipper or another super spinny ride – I have been sick to my stomach twice on this ride (that’s right – I didn’t learn the first time ;)) My tolerance for amusement park rides has gone WAY down in my thirties than in my teens. Imagine that 😉
4) Move out of Nova Scotia – This one could happen, I have no idea what the future holds but I highly doubt we will ever move out of Canada permanently.
5) Own a dog – We had always talked about owning a dog, and it is still on the table but I’m not feeling the pull yet. I LOVE dogs, but I’m just not sure if we are ready for all of the responsibility yet (and may never be). We are allergic to cats so that one will likely always be off the table, unfortunately. IF and when we do ever decide to get a dog, I really want a hypoallergenic one 🙂
6) Run a marathon- I might work up to a half marathon someday, but I just don’t know if I have the desire to run for longer than a couple of hours at a time.
7) Go to a NFL game – maybe this will happen someday but we aren’t big fans of any of the teams so I don’t think it’s super likely. I’d rather go to a baseball or hockey game any day 🙂
8) Have another baby – Anything can happen but we are pretty decided on sticking to being a family of 4 🙂
9) Get my PhD – When I finished my Master’s degree tons of people inquired about this and while I may further my education someday, I don’t see myself ever going this route (WAY too much research and schooling for me ;))
10) Read War & Peace – my grandfather once told me that this was the best book ever read. I was a teenager and I tried 5 times to get started with this book before finally telling him that I just couldn’t do it (years later). He replied that he had never read it either. HAHA. I do, however, want to give Anna Karenina a shot on audio!
11) Eat Brian’s hot peppers – Brian grows some of the hottest peppers in the world. I can barely tolerate jalapeños so these are a no-go for me.
12) Be a bridesmaid again – Almost everyone I know is married, but I really enjoyed being the matron of honour for my sister!!!
13) Go waterskiing – I can think of a lot more fun things to do in the water
14) Get a tattoo – I am a bit too indecisive for this although I have nothing against them in general.
What are some things you might never do?!
Next week I am hoping to share 14 things I WANT to do someday! It’s a bit more fun!! 😉 Happy weekend everyone!!!