Like most readers, I have a bit of a tough relationship with the idea of my favourite books being made into movies. I find I always, always enjoy the movie infinitely more if I haven’t read the book in awhile. This is one reason why I didn’t re-read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society this spring as I had planned to. The movie comes out on Netflix THIS WEEKEND when I will be at a 150+ person family reunion (but I will for sure be catching it on my birthday next week when we’re in an Airbnb relaxing).
This got me thinking about which other books I think would translate well into movies. Here are 14 of them!
1) The Royal We
2) Penny Reid’s Knitting in the City series (this would be great as a TV show/mini-series
3) Beartown I doubt the movie would do this book justice, but I would love to expose my husband to this story!
4) What Alice Forgot – my favourite of Liane Moriarty’s – I think this would make a great movie!!!
5) The rest of Louise Penny’s series
6) Anything you can Do although truthfully I feel that most of R.S. Grey’s novels would be wonderful romantic comedies!
7) The Dry
8) Happiness for Beginners
9) The Lunar Chronicles – PLEEEEASE
10) When Dimple Met Rishi
11) The Duke and I or any of Julia Quinn’s series (people love period pieces!) I would also settle for Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson
12) Salt to the Sea
13) The Girl Before
14) The Nightingale – I’d cry my eyes out watching this movie adaptation…
Do you see any here that you’d agree with? Or any that have already been optioned (that would be the best news ever!)
Honorable mentions: Roomies by Christina Lauren & The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – BOTH OF WHICH ARE GOING TO BECOME MOVIES!!! Can’t wait.
We’re off on vacation today and it feels like the summer has absolutely flown right by. We are spending 2 days at a resort in Cape Breton with my huge extended family, and then taking the ferry over to PEI to hang out with Anne of Green Gables, explore some beautiful beaches, and celebrate my birthday 🙂 I’ll have a post up on Tuesday for SUYB though!! Have a great weekend!!!