It’s been awhile since I’ve shared 14 Things Friday…summer vacation and the subsequent recovery from it has gotten the best of me!
It’s a long weekend here and presumably elsewhere, and I can’t wait! I am solo parenting for 2 nights but we are going to still try to keep busy 🙂 AND school starts next week! I can’t WAIT to get back into a routine. Even though September is busy, it’s one of my favourite months of the year. I just love fall. (Can’t complain about this summer either though). Anyone have any fun plans for Labour Day?
1) To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (the book and the movie on Netflix). SO good. Awesome characters and really cute and funny. Other Netflix movies I’ve enjoyed lately include Set it Up, The Kissing Booth, Like Father, and Guernsey.
2) Travel Mug French Press – I have had this for over 10 years and we have finally ditched the Keurig completely and turned to a French Press for coffee all the time… this mug is AWESOME.
3) Ignore It! – My new parenting plan. I am sick and tired of always wanting to yell at my kids and I really think that a lot of concepts in this book make sense to my psychological brain. This is the same kind of concept that @simplyonpurpose talks about too – IGNORE junk behaviour and give a lot of positive reinforcement to good behaviour. Makes sense but not super easy to do…
4) Bubly (or any sparkling water – I’m not picky) I want to try LaCroix but it is proving difficult to find in Canada 🙂
5) Dark Chocolate
6) Our heat pump AKA air conditioning in the summer
7) Ikea Reusable Bags – THE BEST and biggest bags to fit all of our Costco stuff
8) This song
9) Homemade Greek Yogurt in the Instant Pot – so good
10) Showering at night – I never used to be an evening shower person but it’s for sure growing on me – and makes me feel great getting into bed.
11) This yoga video
12) My rash guard that mostly prevented sunburn all summer!
13) Kale caesar salad
14) The Beach…because summer in Canada only lasts so long!
Leave a Reply